May 2, 2016

LAST Currently and HUGE TPT Sale

I am so sad to say that Farley is retiring her Currently Link Up. I have loved participating in these for the last 2 years or so. It is fun to get to meet all kinds of new bloggers, see what everyone's up to, and support each other via our blogs.

So without further ado, here is my [also] last Currently.


* To explain the ASL stuff: I am trying to test out of American Sign Language 1 and test into ASL 2 for the summer course. I took ASL a long time ago in high school and undergrad and just trying to pick it up again, but don't want to start at the bottom and pay for classes I don't need. Anyway...


ALSO...TPT is having its Teacher Appreciation Sale the 3rd-4th, and I'm joining in and making my store 20% off. And when you enter the code CELEBRATE at checkout, you'll get another 8% off! So that's a total of 28% off all my items, even the $1 ones!!!


Enjoy the sale goodies!!!

7 comments:

  1. I am also currently a sub! I taught for 11 years full time, got the opportunity to sub to have more time with my youngest (not in school) and took it. Now trying to decide if I should go back. Good luck with your ASL tests. I took some ASL classes in high school many, many moons ago!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh man, is it difficult for you? Maybe I care too much or something; it's hard for me to see them goofing off...I feel like I'm letting the teacher down :/ Thanks for the good luck!
      Stephanie

      Delete
  2. Hi Stephanie! Hang in there for getting your own classroom again. I have only subbed once and I agree with you; it's not anything like having your own classroom. I applaud you for getting your ASL test passed. I took ASL in college and was overwhelmed learning thousands of signs and then trying to remember them all for use in conversation. Good for you!
    Heather from Mrs. Renz’ Class

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) I am trying to pass the test...so no congratulations yet ;) But thanks in advance!

      Stephanie

      Delete
  3. Hi Steph!

    I run the ASL club in my school. I had no intention of establishing an ASL club at my school, but several students have asked me to start the club ( I am hearing impaired and teach high school English). It's amazing how many students want to learn ASL in school, more so than they want to learn French or Italian. I hated doing ASL growing up and never did, but remained fluent for various reasons. The kids in my school LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Colleen! Thanks for commenting! I started the ASL club at my high school, when I was in high school, with a friend of mine [we were in ASL 2 at the time]. That is so great that you kept it up and can now share with students who want to learn. I've been studying like crazy this past week trying to prepare for the test to test out of ASL 1 next week. I took ASL so long ago...I'm talking 2000-2003, but I'm picking it up again pretty quickly. My good friend back home is an interpreter, so she's helping me a little too :)

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete