February 9, 2016

Long-Term Sub job and TKAM addition

Hi all! So I've had a long-term sub job at the local high school since the end of January, and it will continue through February. Luckily for me, they're reading TKAM!!!! So since I've been teaching this, I've been adding little things here and there to her lessons.

I had already created and uploaded my TKAM unit to TPT, but I went in and added another activity to the unit, and kept the price the same because it is just a little "extra" that you can decide to use or not. This activity brings poetry into the unit, and is a great tool for analyzation and comparison in regards to the novel. The students read "I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings" by Maya Angelou, and do some close reading and analyzation of it, in relation to TKAM.




So I put up my 5 week unit on TPT this afternoon :) Here are a few pics to let you know what it's about! Click here to visit my To Kill A Mockingbird Unit on TPT.





This 5 week unit plan follows Common Core Standards while helping students learn to analyze both fiction and informational texts. Currently set up for grades 9/10; EASILY adaptable to other grades' standards, as well as non-common core standards.

Unit Contains:
-­‐5 weeks of lesson plans
-­‐Introductory Webquest Project
--Introductory Power Point about author
-­‐Classwork including reading/analyzing informational texts
--"I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings" poetry analysis
-­‐In class writing activities
-­‐2 Quizzes and Answer Keys
-­‐Final Exam and Answer Key
--Final Essay prompt
[Common Core standards listed on most assignments]

Both Word documents [editable] and PDF versions available. It's a 43 page unit; the 70 includes the PDF and Word versions.

So go check out my TKAM unit and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment