October 20, 2015

What I'm Reading

Hello Blog Word!

I thought I'd do a fun little post about the books I'm currently reading :) I'm reading one right now, and about to go pick up a second for my book club!

Personal:

I am currently on the second book in a series called Miss Peregrine's Home For Peculiar Children. A gal in my book club recommended it. At first I said no way, because the cover made it look like a scary or horror book. It is NOT. It's a little "creepy" in a few parts, but more because of fantasy, not guts/gore. Anyway, I got really into it and couldn't stop!

By Ransom Riggs

So right now I'm on the second one, called Hollow City: The Second Novel Of Miss Peregrine's Peculiar Children.

Again, NOT SCARY, despite the covers. Go get it!!!

Book Club:

So last month we read Paper Towns by the guy that wrote Fault in our Stars. I loved Fault in our Stars and thought I would like Paper Towns...wrong. Did not care for it. 

So this month we are going to read Still Alice, by Lisa Genova.

I haven't even picked it up yet, so can't tell you a thing about it. However, it was made into a movie and Julianne Moore was the star and she won an Oscar. So that's good ;)

So if you're looking for something to read, try one of these and let me know what you think! :)


Also, side note: I'M GETTING MARRIED SATURDAY!!!!!! Woot Woot!

No comments:

Post a Comment