October 12, 2015

A Refreshing Surprise

It's no secret that this long-term subbing gig for the 6th graders has been challenging. But yesterday, I got a nice surprise.

The fiance and I were driving home, past the school I've been working for. On the marquee out front, there flashed my name :) We stopped and looked, and I got the Staff on Fire "award"/nomination for the week! What a boost...a greatly needed boost. [I actually nominated the two teachers who have been helping me, but they didn't win. I was hoping they did because they have been so gracious and I wanted them to be recognized for all they've done...so I'll do it on my blog (without naming names).]



[I tried to cut out the school name...]

After being so down about the rough time I was having, this was a great reminder that what I do matters. Yes, this may come across as a humble brag, but it's more than that.

This is a reminder to all the subs that we matter. It may not feel like people notice how hard we try, but they do. And that should give us the drive to keep doing our best everyday we sub. I know personally, that when I was teaching full time and needed a sub, I GREATLY appreciated any sub that actually did my lesson plans. Just take care of my kids...that's all. And so as a sub, it's my job to take care of their kiddos too.

So fellow subs-keep your chin up on the rough days...know that you are doing a greater good. :)

Happy Columbus Day & enjoy the day off. I'm also having a 10% off sale over at my TPT Store if you wanna stop by!

6 comments:

  1. Hi BlogFriend:
    I am so glad you got a little recognition... Sounds like you have been working hard... and someone noticed. WooHoo! And thanks for leaving a comment on my blog--What a sweet treat!

    Kim
    Finding JOY in 6th Grade

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes we deserve a humble brag ;) You especially deserve a pat on the back after the tough time you've been having with these kids. 6th graders terrify me. Eek. I. do. not. teach. middle. school. ...and for good reason. I'm so glad that you got recognized and hope that it's the pick me up that you needed to keep on keepin' on. Hope you have a great rest of your week and weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes...the 6th graders were not my first choice either, but I needed work. It has been a great lesson in patience, and has forced me to become more imaginative. All those things make it worth it :) Have a great weekend!

      Delete
  3. Congrats! Well deserved! and Have a great Wedding Week! :)
    AnnMarie :)

    ReplyDelete