August 3, 2015

Currently August!

It is officially the month of the dreaded Back to School. That phrase has a whole new meaning to me this year. For the first time in 8 years, I didn't run to Target for back to school supplies; I'm not replenishing my printer ink at Office Depot; I'm not at Michael's buying cute decorations...because I don't have a classroom this year.

While subbing will be a nice, stress-free break, it is very weird to be a teacher without a home [so to speak]. So here's to the first Currently of the new school year...can't wait to see what it will bring!

Thanks Farley, for hosting!


Happy August everyone!!

6 comments:

  1. Happy wedding planning! I hope you can get some great sub jobs or even long term ones!

    Miss Em's Room

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!!! I don't think I'm going to tackle a long-term job until AFTER the holidays :)

      Delete
  2. It was always so exciting every time I got a wedding RSVP in the mail. I loved this part of the wedding-planning process.

    Hope you have a great start to the school year in your new state!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I'm actually hoping for a few "no's" because we over invited ;) I'm probably the only bride who hopes that! hahaha

      Delete
  3. So many changes for you in the upcoming year! Congratulations on the upcoming wedding! CA to TX....that is a big change! I have thought about subbing before, just for a break from the normal teaching position. It is great that you already have that in place for this year. I am in a new position, and like you I don't have to buy all of those supplies or decorate a room. It is quite a new experience. This year I will be in the media center. I am looking forward to the change. Best wishes for your new year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh fun! That will be a welcome change I'm sure...it sounds like a fun job! Thank you and best wishes in your new position!

      Delete