July 23, 2015

Throwback Thursday

I'm throwing it really far back! 8 years to be exact! Thanks again to Freebielicious for hosting another awesome post to link up to!

So like I said, I'm throwing it back 8 years, to the summer before I started my first teaching assignment. I was so excited to get my first classroom and decorate it :) My mom came the second day to help set up and take a few pictures :) 

My first assignment was 7th grade English...and it was awesome! I loved it, absolutely loved it. It was a great school, I met awesome coworkers, and made a lifelong friend that will be in my wedding this Oct!

So here are some fun pics from that first year:
Shakespeare welcoming the students in and asking them to turn off their cell phones ;)

I made some "cool" signs with the major parts of speech: Noun, Verb, Adjective, Adverb. I didn't have a lot of money, so I made a lot of stuff myself...but it still looked great! As you can also see, I divided a section of the board for the agenda everyday; I still do that today and it's a great way that the students can see what's going on for the week. 

I also made a cute little reading nook area, and put a list together of age-appropriate books they could read! They had to do silent reading once a week [if I remember correctly], so they could use the books in my little library, or they could use this list and go buy a book that looked interesting :) The little reading nook had a bookshelf and giant floor pillows. Two special kids a week could win/earn a chance to get to read on the pillows.

And there is my desk/corner area. I think I changed it and cleaned it up a little after that pic, but still gives you the general idea :)

Well I sure hope you enjoyed the little sneak peek into my first year classroom. Quite the Throwback :)

Hope you all have a great day!

2 comments:

  1. This was so fun to read/look at. You were pretty organized for a first year teacher! And definitely happy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do love organization! haha :) Thanks for reading!
      Stephanie

      Delete