July 21, 2015

Tell Us About You Tuesday

Well hello everyone! As if I haven't told you enough about me lately, I'm joining up with Freebielicious to Tell you about me Tuesday :)



Where to begin?...
I was born and raised in San Diego, CA and am a recent transplant to Texas :) It's really hot right now [like 102 for the next straight week], so I'm not too happy about that since I'm used to 75* all the time. But I am excited to be in Texas, as I've always loved the southern feel and do enjoy country music [not a lot of people appreciate country music in CA].

Here's a pic of me this past spring when we came to the Stockyards while visiting TX to find a house.

Teaching:
I have been teaching for 7 years now. I've taught every grade I'm eligible to teach with my credential [taught 9 & 11 while student teaching]. I've been teaching 10th grade for the last 5 years, but started out in the junior high with the little ones. I am considering switching back to the middle school level now that I'm searching for a new job anyway. I'm looking for a little less stress in my life, if you've taught high school, you know what I mean by this.

For now, I'll be subbing this year as I try to get my TX credential, and since we are getting married in October and I'll need time off in Sept & Oct for that :)

More about Me:
I'm getting married in Oct! Yay! We're doing a fun and casual wedding with lawn games and hay bales :)
It's a lot of DIY, so I've been working really hard on getting everything ready :)

So that's it for now. I'm staying inside a lot lately, fixing up the house, trying to work on TPT stuff, and mostly avoiding the heat. :) Hope everyone is staying cool this summer! 

Hope you fill out one of these too so we can all get to know each other better :)

4 comments:

  1. I only taught high school for three months this year while doing a leave within my department for a teacher (I am part time at the middle school and also a TA) and I TOTALLY prefer the middle school kids. Yes, they can be needy. And yes I feel like there is a lot of tattling that goes on (at least in 6th grade) but they are not rude like my 9th graders were. I hope you have an easy time getting your TX credentials. The DIY stuff for the wedding looks fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, they're pretty cute. High school parents can be rough and after 5 years, I think I need a break from that pressure. I hope it's easy too! Thanks for stopping by! :)

      Delete
  2. I'm SUPER excited about the possibility that you'll come down to the middle school level for very selfish reasons! haha I love your blog now, and I can only imagine that love growing if everything you shared was applicable to my students! What a benefit you have, knowing the high school content so well. Middle school would be so lucky to have you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay thank you! I think a lot of my stuff can easily be adapted for middle school, but I agree it would be easier if it was already made with that in mind. Thanks for following!! :)
      Stephanie

      Delete