July 13, 2015

I moved...so here's a house update!

Hello blogger friends! In case you didn't know, I moved last week to Texas and have been busy trying to unpack, paint, unpack, clean, unpack, and oh yeah, unpack.

I feel like between the two of us, we have a lot of things. I had a garage sale before I moved and got rid of a lot of "stuff", but now that I'm having to unpack everything, I still feel like I have a lot of things...sigh.

Well as you may have seen on one of my Facebook posts, our Master Bathroom was neon green. So that was priority numero uno. I am happy to report that it is no longer neon green :) It is now a very nice grey color ["Anonymous" by Behr to be exact], and I think it goes really well with the white crown molding :)
Since I took this pic, the fiance put up a white cabinet over the toilet area :) He's so handy!

I also spent the second day of Texas organizing the kitchen and pantry. I am pretty happy with how it turned out...I have a ton of baking supplies because with being gluten and dairy free, I cook most of my own food. In CA there were quite a few places I could eat out, but I haven't found a lot in TX yet :( But anyway, here's a pic of the pantry :)
When we first got the house, I thought the pantry was huge and that there was no way I'd fill it up...WRONG! Like I said, we have a lot of stuff :)

And last but not least on this little update, we have some beautiful trees in our backyard. When the fiance moved out here in May, it rained for 3 weeks straight so he didn't really go out back much. Then he was busy with work and had someone come mow the lawn and that was about it. We were talking one day and he said "I think we have some sort of fruit on one of the trees, maybe a lime or something", but he never actually went out and looked to confirm. So when I moved out here last week, I went out to the backyard and checked. We have an apple tree!!! With fully grown, delicious, "granny smith" type apples!!!!
 Those are from our tree people! Don't they look like what you'd buy in the store?!? Crazy :) We still have a ton more on the tree, but we'd need to get out the ladder to reach the rest.

So that's my update right now on my move and my new house. I haven't looked into getting my TX sub license yet, so if anyone from TX has any helpful hints, that would be great! 

Have a great week everyone!

12 comments:

  1. Congrats on the new house. I am obsessed with your pantry! It's everything I have ever dreamed of. I live in an old 1920s New England colonial, so closet space is at a premium.. and pantry space is nonexistent. Love it! :)

    Mandy
    Caffeine and Lesson Plans

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! I've never had a pantry before [just apartment cabinets] so this was a dream come true too! :) Maybe you can get a little pantry from Target or something and set that up next to the kitchen?? Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. Love it! Gray and white is my whollleeeeee house. And your pantry is awesome! Good luck with getting all your licensing and such figured out in TX! One of my teacher friends just moved there from Illinois, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I do love grey and white...everywhere :) Thanks for commenting!

      Delete
  3. For the apples you can't reach- get a long piece of pvc pipe, a bit wider than the apples, cut a little v notch in one end to allow you to hook onto the stem, twist, & the apple will slide right down the pipe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Perfect! Thanks for the great idea! I'll tell the fiance about it ;) Hopefully we can get a ton down! :)

      Delete
  4. This post makes my heart happy, happy, happy!! :) So glad that you are in Texas and enjoying life! I'm trying to do the Whole30, so your post has also inspired me by way of cooking most of your own food. I know it can be done, but sometimes the task is daunting. :(

    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I am doing pretty well I guess :) Cooking can be daunting, but I find making a grocery list and meal planning is super helpful :)

      Delete
  5. Oh! And also, many schools in Texas don't require a sub license, but merely a Bachelor's degree. They will have a day-long training (no promises it won't be monotonous).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I made a comment about trying Spiral Diner in Fort Worth (there's a location in Dallas, too) and I guess it didn't post. Spiral's all-vegan and all-delicious and they've got dairy-free dairy products that I love. Queso, quesadillas, sandwiches, the whole nine.

      Delete
    2. As long as the day-long training isn't on the same day as my Dr appt I had to book a month in advance, I don't care :) Thank you so much for that restaurant tip!!!! That is so nice of you, thank you!! I'll have to try it out! :)

      Delete
  6. You might look at your regional Educational Service Center and see if they are offering substitute training-especially if you are in a more metropolitan area-since there are so many school districts to sub at. I just found your blog today through a Pinterest link, and I have read it all the way from the beginning. Texas is going to get a great English teacher. Yay for us!

    ReplyDelete