July 24, 2015

Fun Friday!

Last day of the week-long linky :) Thanks for Freebielicious for once again hosting a fun linky!



Today's post is Fun Friday...what fun things do you do in the classroom?

I have two favorite fun activities I do during our units. The first comes with our Cry, The Beloved Country unit. A character in the book is given an unfair trial, and so as a class, we give him a real trial! We pick a defense team, a prosecution team, and witnesses. I act as the judge/jury.

Here is the direction sheet that I give them :)



The kids get REALLY into the trial. They have fun and learn at the same time...WIN!

The other fun activity I do is the Renaissance Faire. It is probably one of my favorite activities that we do, especially since I participated in them as a student too :)
It is sooooo much fun! The kids make booths, and games, and food. There's archery, sword-fighting, cornhole, and much more. Here's a few pics to check out: 



So many more pictures, but students' faces were in them and it's hard to cover those up without making them look so silly :/

Well I hope you enjoyed some of the fun things I do in the classroom...please feel free to comment with some of the fun things you do in your classroom!!


2 comments:

  1. Wow! What memorable events for your students! Those are the activities they will remember and tell stories about later in life. :)
    -Emily http://mrsmcreativeteaching.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Hopefully they will remember them...I know I did :) Thanks for stopping by my blog :)
      Stephanie

      Delete