July 27, 2015

Argument Writing Unit- NOW AVAILABLE!!!

Hello fellow bloggers!

I finally put up my Argument Writing Unit onto TPT! I'm so excited to share this with you! :) It took a lot of work to create, and then another 2 hours to make a Unit Plan layout with directions for each day/each assignment. I'm hoping it's all worth it and that you guys love it! :)

I created this unit last summer when I realized that my students were not improving in their writing. I thought I was teaching writing well, and I would do tons of different forms of editing and teaching, but when I created this, I noticed my students held onto information better. Their writing improved over the course of the semester, and they had a good solid foundation.

I used this unit at the VERY BEGINNING OF THE YEAR. Normally I do my fun Animal Farm unit to start they ear off, but then their first essay wasn't great and that was a headache for me. So I changed it up and did writing first, and their Animal Farm essays were WAY better!!!

Anyway, people were asking for this unit, so here you go! Finally ;) Sorry about that :)

Here's a few pics to peak your interest ;)

These are the notes they take on the first day; I then have them make flashcards to prepare for the little quiz on argument writing terms :)

Notes they take later on regarding Rhetoric.


And finally a picture of the Unit Layout/lesson plans I created with student example pictures!

Well there you have it folks! The Argument Writing Unit is available now on my TPT Store and is a great way to start the school year off, or, use later on when you feel you need a writing refresher :) Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Just stumbled across your blog via Pinterest and you have some awesome ideas! Thanks so much for sharing! :)
    - a fellow high school teacher

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How Awesome!! Thanks for taking the time to look it over AND comment!! :) Hope you find good stuff! :)
      Stephanie

      Delete