June 17, 2015

Makeover {MADNESS} #tptsellerchallenge

TPT Seller Challenge-Week 1

So excited for this first week's challenge!

It's a little challenging [no pun intended] for high school teachers to use clip art and doodles without the kids thinking we're treating them like elementary school kids. So this week's challenge was interesting for me.

So how I got started: I went onto my TPT Store and started looking through my products. And then I came across my Fahrenheit 451 unit. There was not really a cover page to it, just pictures of the worksheets and so on. AND, this unit has not received any starts/reviews, so this seemed like the perfect product to makeover :)

Here's the before...

Very boring...I probably wouldn't have looked at this twice as a buyer either. So I decided it needed some color and something to entice buyers. I didn't need to change the content of the product because the content is solid, but the visual needed work. I also changed the name of the unit from "small" to "brief". Small made it seem like maybe it wasn't worth the money, but brief sends a better message that it may not be a 50 page unit, but it still has valuable content.

Here's the after...
Now that makes me interested, and looks like I took the effort to create something nice for my clients. Here's a closer look at the new cover I created to draw buyers in.
I added a cool font called: Cheap Fire that really adds a nice touch. I also added words within the burning book picture that relate to themes of the novel: Censorship, Knowledge, and then I wrote "What would you do?" [in the fire font as well] to get the buyer thinking.

This is just the first makeover I did. I'm going to do a few more and think it will really make a difference :) Fingers crossed!

4 comments:

  1. "It's a little challenging [no pun intended] for high school teachers to use clip art and doodles without the kids thinking we're treating them like elementary school kids." <--- Yes!! I always want it to look eye-catching, without seeming too "babyish" as my students would probably say. I love your new layout for this product, great job!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right?! Thanks lady! Just sold one!!! This challenge is awesome :)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Isn't it so cool? Well....hot, I guess ;) LOL

      Delete