May 24, 2015

The Last Renaissance Faire

As the school year comes to an end, and I get ready to move on to Texas, I held my very last Renaissance Faire on Friday. It was a great day, with so many new and fun additions to the faire.

This was the 6th semi-annual Renaissance Faire I've held at my school...and it just keeps getting better! It rained again though, but this time I was able to reserve our large multipurpose room instead of having to squeeze into my little classroom :)

Here's just a few pics of the fun!

This year I finally had someone who WANTED to be a Jester. He made these stilts and learned how to walk on them! It was very cool. You can't tell in the pic, but he also put 45 bells all over his outfit :)

We also had some great archery this year! Kids made real stuff that actually worked, and even stuck in the hay!

Ummmm, hello. What do I even say?! This donut tree was amazing. She did research and learned that they did have "puff" pastries back then and asked if she could make this. Hit of the faire :)

So even though it can be a stressful event, it went really well and the kids had a blast. I hope the person that gets my job next year continues this activity, but I have a feeling that won't happen. If it doesn't, at least the kids I worked with had a great experience and it's something everyone will talk about :)

Have a wonderful Memorial Day weekend everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment