February 3, 2015

Quick Tip Tuesday: Annotation

Happy Tuesday y'all!

It's time for another Quick Tip Tuesday, and I've got a great & easy one for you today.

I have my students annotate while reading-it helps with comprehension, it helps keep track of characters, setting change, etc. I go through a big schpeal [phonetic spelling ;)] and show them how to annotate on a page of text. But then as we go on in the book, they forget what they're supposed to be looking for and what not. So I came up with the Annotation Bookmark.

It has saved me so much grief with constantly repeating myself, and it helps the students annotate better, thus getting more out of the reading.

Just download this FREE bookmark, copy, have your TA's cut them up, and distribute to the students the next time you'd like them to annotate. Simple!

Click here to go to my TPT Store and download this bookmark for free :)

Enjoy your quick tip and have a great Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment