October 2, 2014

October Currently

It's October! Woo Hoo! Pumpkin everything! The Pumpkin Spice Latte is back, I love making pumpkin bread, and the decorations! I love the beginning of the holiday season.

Mmmmmmmmm :) 
[Of course mine is with soy 'cus of the whole dairy-free thing]


And I'm linking up with Farley once again for my monthly Currently!


I love decorating for the holiday seasons! So here is my fireplace all decorated for Halloween :)


And here is my "trick" for your classroom:
Have a come-in song. By the time the song is over, their warm up needs to be completed. Once you do this for a week, they know right away what to do when that song is playing. I don't even have to ask them to do their warm up now; song comes on, they get to work. Saves you a bunch of hassle!


Have a great weekend everyone!!

6 comments:

  1. Love your fireplace and I may try that song thing. My kids think they can have the whole class period for their warm up!!!! GREAT TIP!!!

    Elizabeth
    Hodges Herald

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah...I don't have all day for the warm up folks! :)

      Delete
  2. I'll have to try the warm up song. I have them do bell work when they come in every day, but they often times "forget" or sit around and chat instead of working, and I'm tired of having to raise my voice to get them started :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the trick!!! I could really use that in my classroom? What song do you use?
    Noelle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I use songs that are short and catchy...I used "Ain't no Mountain High Enough" last year :)

      Delete