July 1, 2014

July Currently-Happy Bday America!

July 2014....where does the time go? I LOVE Summer....the sleeping in, the reading of non-school books, enjoying the sun, the Del Mar Fair. It's all awesome. And once again, joining up with Oh' Boy 4th Grade for her monthly Currently. Love the patriotic theme :)

Listening: I am a country girl at heart and love country music...not the old, old, stuff...but 80's on ;) And some Johnny Cash :)

Loving: 7 or 8am is unheard of during the school year...I am in heaven.

Thinking: I have been working out 2-3 days a week the past few weeks, and even though it's summer and I'm not on a tight schedule...it's just such a hassle. You have to shower after, hair, make-up...annoying ;)

Wanting: I guess I need to do the workout for this to happen ;) LOL

Needing: I am not teaching the Holocaust unit in class this year [doing the at home novel study instead], so I need to start creating my new Writing unit.

4th Plans: The man is out of town, so I'll probably jet over to my parents' for a mini BBQ. I love turkey burgers....yummy!

I hope everyone has a happy and safe 4th!!!!

12 comments:

  1. I love your "wanting!" If only it was THAT easy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If only!!!! Laying out now...maybe a tan will help me look thinner ;)

      Delete
  2. if you find that magic, please pass it on!!! LOVE IT!!!

    Elizabeth
    Hodges Herald

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tanned fat looks infinitely better than pale fat. Not that you have any fat, but I do... and that's why I am spending my summer days at the pool! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It totally looks better!! Fake it 'til you make it! :) Thanks for stopping by!
      Stephanie

      Delete
  4. Oh, I miss the Del Mar Fair! The hubs and I are planning a trip to SD in the near future. I have to show him my old stomping grounds! ;)

    On another note, I found out I am teaching a support-type English class this year. I was wondering if you have any resources, tips, ideas, etc. for teaching a support class (I did see the binder checks- love it). Anything is appreciated- this is completely new for me!

    Enjoy the rest of your summer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't the Del Mar Fair awesome?! We went opening day and it wasn't that busy, which was nice. I started the English Support class at my school, so feel free to email me and we can chat about it! :)
      Stephanie

      Delete
  5. Country music is the way my to heart, just love it, even more during the summer. I am right there with you feeling like the gym is a hassle, we just moved and my gym is back by my old house which is just inconvenient...counting down the days until the membership expires.

    Amy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm super lazy...I don't even go to the gym in my apt. complex. I have a workout app on my phone! hahaha....I think I'll tan some more in hopes of counteracting the lack of working out :) Thanks for stopping by my blog!
      Stephanie

      Delete
  6. Hi there! How do you go about mapping out a Unit plan? I currently teach U.S. History 1877 to the present and am jumping off of the chronological ship and into thematic waters. Feeling a little overwhelmed! :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No worries! I do what is called "backward planning" and it has ALWAYS worked well for me. I start with the end...what they need to know for the test, look at/divide by the number of days I have, and work from there. Teaching English I usually deal with a novel as a unit, so I divide the reading by number of days and then subtract one or two to give them time to study for the test :) If you have anymore questions, email me at: talesofteachinginheels@gmail.com. Thanks for stopping by!!

      Delete