July 18, 2014

Friday FREEBIE!

Happy Friday ya'll!!! I've got a FREEBIE for ya! Woo hoo!

As you know, I teach an English Support class [that I created] and we do CAHSEE [California High School Exit Exam] prep and review English concepts at a slower pace. My friend does a binder check for her junior high class she teaches, but I wasn't doing one.

I have decided that my lower level high school kids NEED this. They are not organized, have a million papers in their backpacks that look like a bomb exploded in it, NEVER have pens or pencils, etc. So, I'm going to implement the Binder Check this year.

I am going to do a Binder Check every Friday [maybe every other Friday] instead of once a month because we have accelerated courses at my school and each class is only a semester long [except for Math]. If I only do one a month, they'll be 1/3 done with the course when we start!

Anyway, so after seeing a few different examples, I've made my own that I think will work for my high schoolers. It's FREE....so head on over to my TPT Store and download it :)

Here's a preview:


Happy planning for the new school year everyone!

2 comments:

  1. I have had the same problems. I only teach lower level students usually (one honors class this year coming up!) and they really need help with organizing. I think this tool is great for you and for them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed. I always tell my students that the kids that get As are the organized ones ;) Thanks for commenting!
      Stephanie

      Delete