June 24, 2014

Blogging, Reading, and Starbucks-ing

Well good morning everyone! I think my body is finally realizing it's summer because despite waking up at 5am, I was able to fall back asleep until 7:50am! Woot Woot!

So I showered up, ate breakfast [well, my morning banana], got my stuff together and headed down here to Starbucks, .7 miles away from my place. I thought about walking, but it's hot....and I already showered...and it's hot...and I didn't want to lug around my computer, book, and purse...in the heat. So I drove the .7 miles to Starbucks and I'll just work out tomorrow morning before I shower :)

I'm sure if you follow my blog you know I LOVE Starbucks...it's a little bit of an addiction. My kids know it too....I got a LOT of Starbucks gift cards for the last day of school :) So today is on them! Except Starbucks spelled my name wrong. With an "f". Um, excuse me....I spell it with a "ph" [the right way ;)]....but it's ok. It tastes the same :) And they have new straws! They're light green today! Yesterday they were dark green and today they're light green. BLOWS MY MIND ;)



I'm also halfway through The Fault In Our Stars by John Green. I think I may need more than the 2 books I picked out for this summer. Please go to my previous post and link up to tell me some of the summer books you're reading because I need new material!! I'm getting through these books faster than I thought I would.

Well I hope you all are having a great morning! Join my link up and give me more books to read!! :) Thanks to Teaching Teens in the 21st for linking up already!

6 comments:

  1. Hey there. I've been a follower for a while now, but today's post made me smile majorly. I too am an avid Starbucks person. So much so that the one by my old apartment knew my order, face, and asked me about school and blogging regularly. I hope you're really enjoying Fault in Our Stars. I LOVED IT and cried for several chapters. Love how the author writes.

    Happy blogging.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I literally almost cried in Starbucks! So sad :( He is a great writer so I'm thinking I'll read another of his books :) Thanks for commenting!
      Stephanie

      Delete
  2. I loved The Fault in Our Stars. I bought it one Friday evening and read it that Saturday morning. I could not put it down at all. Oh and I sobbed! The movie is good as well, but lacks a lot of the literary allusions I enjoyed in the book.

    Hmmm.. as far as recommendations...I am planning on reading a few Jodi Picoult novels I have waiting for me. I have just always enjoyed her stories and style of writing.

    Top book I read this past year had to be 10th Circle by Jodi Picoult. If you have not read it, definitely go for that one!
    Also (and I read this last summer but it still haunts me) The Bright Forever (mystery) (sorry I don't remember the author.
    Okay last one- The Guardian by Nicholas Sparks. Trust me it's not your typical romance story. It's a compelling mystery mixed with a dog story, mixed with romance. If you love dogs, you have to read this!

    I read about 10 books last summer and those three were so, so enjoyable I would probably read them again. This summer I am taking classes and have a feeling my reading list will shrink significantly. :/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been worried about seeing the movie too 'cus they never live up to the novels :/ I think I have to though :) Thanks for the new book advice and good luck with your classes this summer! Thanks for commenting :)
      Stephanie

      Delete
  3. Hi! I found you through Fifth in the Middle's linkup by state. I am moving to the Bay Area in July and am trying to make as many connections as I can! Where do you live? Would you be interested in a blogger meet up sometime?

    Stop by! :)
    Miss McDonald's Memoirs

    p.s. I'm your newest follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi and welcome to California! I'm in San Diego :/ But I do know a girl that teaches SpEd up there [from high school] and would be happy to hook you guys up if you'd like. I love sharing ideas with other bloggers and I'm so glad you found me! Looking forward to checking out your blog! :) Thanks for following!!
      Stephanie

      Delete