May 19, 2014

Observations= New Teaching Tool

Hello everyone!
Once a year, our school cancels learning labs on a Monday and lets us go observe another teacher in any school/district we'd like.

So today I went to observe a friend that teaches Math at a middle school. Even though I teach English, I found a lot of useful tips I can use in my own classroom. I observed her Math support class, and found one major thing I'm going to use in my English Support class.

Even though I teach high school, I am going to institute a Binder Check in my Support class. Here is a pic of my friend's class' Binder Check sheet:

I am going to adapt this a little bit for more of a high school feel, but I like the accountability concept. A lot of my students struggle simply because they are not organized, and this is one way I can help keep them accountable.

It's so exciting to get to see what other teachers do and see how it can be implemented in my own classroom. LOVE COLLABORATION!

4 comments:

  1. Wow- that is so cool your district allows teachers to visit and observe other classrooms. I always wish I could be a fly on the wall in other teachers' classrooms to get ideas and such. It must have been an interesting learning experience!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is really cool of them :) I always pick up at least one new thing I want to try!

      Delete
  2. I use something similar and I've found it such a huge help with student organization, to the point where they ask me when they get a paper which section it should go in. Half the time I don't have a chance to answer them because another student will tell them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! It's great to know that works for so many! :) Thanks for the advice!

      Delete