April 22, 2014

What is the solution?

So we're back from Spring break :( I was finally enjoying it starting Wednesday-so I could use a few more days off :) Oh well.

So we're back in full swing, and I've got kids that have forgotten things already!! WHAT IS THE SOLUTION?? What can we do to help these kids remember things over breaks: Thanksgiving, Christmas, Winter, Spring Break, etc.

The kids had a quiz today; couldn't be helped; that's how it fit in the schedule. So to help remind them, we played a REALLY fun review game Friday before break, and the winner from each class got 2 extra credit points on today's quiz. I also created a practice quiz for them to take home and take over break to help keep their memory fresh. And today, there are kids getting Fs on the quizzes :( I don't know what else I can do. I suggest daily flashcards, I played a fun game, and I created a practice quiz that was VERY similar to the real quiz they took today.

Have I done my part and now it's up to the kids? Is there anything else I can do to maintain memory over breaks??

Thanks for the suggestions in advance :)

Happy Tuesday!

2 comments:

  1. I sometimes feel that way too - like a break just erases everything from their mind. :( I try not to start anything new and try to wrap up a unit before break so I can start fresh after a week-long break. It's the only thing that works for me.

    I have nominated you for the liebster award! The liebster is an award for educational blogs with less than 200 followers.
    Here are the rules:

    The “Rules” for accepting the Liebster Award are:
    1. Link back to the blog that nominated you.
    2. Nominate 5 blogs with fewer than 200 followers.
    3. Answer the questions posted for you by the nominator.
    4. Share 11 random facts about yourself.
    5. Create 11 questions for your nominees.
    6. Contact your nominees and let them know that you nominated them.

    1. Why did you go into teaching?
    2. If you could go anywhere in the world, where would you vacation?
    3. What is your favorite food?
    4.What do you like to do in your free time?
    5.Share a funny moment from teaching.
    6.Why do you blog?
    7. What is your favorite topic to teach and why?
    8.What is your biggest pet peeve?
    9.Where do you find inspiration?
    10. What is the latest book you've read?
    11.What words of wisdom would you give a new teacher?

    Cheers!
    Colleen
    berginsclassroom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unfortunately with teaching a whole year in a semester, I often don't have the luxury of ending things according to breaks; but I try my best!!! Thanks for the Liebster award! I'll get on that :)

      Delete