March 31, 2014

Stargirl by Jerry Spinelli Unit Plan

Stargirl!!! I love this little novel. I teach it for my English Support class, which is lower level 9th and 10th graders. They love it and it so relates to high schoolers and what they're going through. I've put up a few freebies from this unit, but now I've added ALL the stuff I use to teach the novel. I had a few requests for it, so decided to put it up there :)

This is a great book for students who struggle in English class in high school, and is easily adaptable to middle school as well. I'm pretty sure that's the grade range most people are using if for anyway ;) I hope you enjoy Stargirl!


-Writing: quick-write prompts, Newspaper article creation, thesis work, and final paper prompt and outline
-Chapter Work: main ideas and inferences
-Character Facebook pages activity
-“Hot Seat” & Movie Clapper activity
-Two quizzes, a study guide, & a final exam

*As well as a Lesson Plan guide/time-table



Click here for my Stargirl Unit Plan on my TPT Store.

Have a great day!

2 comments:

  1. I have this book in my classroom. Several of the girls are asking me if we can read it in class. I have yet to read it, hoping to do so over break to decide whether to read it with the class. Just wondering - do the boys like it? Or is it more geared towards girls?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know what, the guys actually did like it! It's funny and really hits home to EVERYTHING happening in middle school and high school. Juniors and Seniors might think they're above it, but my low level readers in 9 and 10 really enjoyed it and the guys even laughed in class :)

      Delete