March 1, 2014

March Currently

I can not believe it's already March. It literally feels like it was just Christmas...really. Well one good thing about March is that we are getting closer to Spring Break! Then it's the home stretch to Summer Break!!! Woo Hoo!!!!

I'm so excited to be linking up with Farley's Currently again. I look forward to this every month. I love her new blog design and even though this month's currently is not themed for March, it's super cute that it matches the new blog design :)

I love when USA plays NCIS or NCIS:LA marathons...seriously...I could sit here all day and watch every episode.  When I get my puppy, I'm going to name him Gibbs [after Jethro Gibbs on NCIS].

I love that we're getting some rain finally! I know, I know, everywhere else has had Snowpocalypse and I shouldn't complain...but our state is in desperate need of rain so we're blessed to get some this weekend.

I've been having some problems with my downstairs neighbor and management isn't doing anything, so I think I'm going to move come June when my lease is up. Now, I HATE moving, but I think this will be a good decision and will get his of some subconscious stress I've been holding on to.

Can we every make enough money as a teacher?? I've been working so hard to get out of debt and I'm down to just my Visa...yay me! But it is just going so slowly. I need to win the Lotto...or the Albertson's Monopoly game they've got going on right now. Sigh...

I've only got two class periods left to grade, but man these Animal Farm papers are getting repetitive/boring to grade. I need motivation :)

I am trying something new! I am now the Assistant Softball Coach at our school. Many of you know I started and coached the Cheer team for 3 years, but gave it up this last year due to health and other factors. But the softball is in need of an assistant coach, and my English teacher friend is coaching it, so I said I'd help. It's WAY less work than the year-long Cheer commitment, and I missed playing softball. We had tryouts this past week and boy do we have some work ahead of us, but it'll be fun!!


Have a great March everyone!!

13 comments:

  1. I'm envious of your rain.... I'm part of the Snowpocalypse you mention, and our cold temps have kept the kiddos inside for many a recess. Thank goodness for Spring Break! Your blog is very cute! I found you at Farley's linky!

    ~Erin
    Mrs. Beattie's Classroom

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was just leaving a comment on your blog! But I think it got erased :( Thanks for stopping by!
      Stephanie

      Delete
  2. I love the rain. I've missed it, too! Is the answer your favorite thing to do in the spring?!
    Kristin
    Come Visit Readbox!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess the question was: Something new I'm trying :) Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. I'd take rain over snow! We're expecting 3-6 inches in the next 24 hours, booo! I coach winter cheerleading. I have 5 squads and it is quite the under taking. Eventually, I will have fall cheerleaders, too, that will add 4 more squads. WHEW! I'm hoping my coach, who has been coaching for 27 years, doesn't fully retire any time soon! I'm not ready for all 9! :) Congratulations on your new position! Have a great weekend!

    Lindsey
    The Journey of a Beginning Teacher

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OH my gosh! Why so many teams? The most I've had at a school is 3 [Frosh, JV, and Varsity], all three doing football and basketball. Good luck girl!!
      Stephanie

      Delete
  4. Good luck with your neighbours - oh wouldn't it be wonderful to not have to live so close to others!

    Alison
    Teaching Maths with Meaning

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! If only single teachers could afford homes in San Diego ;)
      Stephanie

      Delete
    2. Amen to that! That's how I ended up moving to Colorado. I love Colorado, but miss San Diego all the time!

      Delete
    3. I couldn't be away from San Diego for more than college!

      Delete
  5. LOL I love Gibbs for a dog. I have never seen NCIS: LA, but we have watched all the seasons of the regular one. I miss Ziva :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I miss Ziva too!!!! NCIS:LA is pretty good. Not as good as the original NCIS, but it's good too :)
      Stephanie

      Delete
  6. Aww a puppy? What kind of puppy are you looking at getting? I was wondering if you could please check out my new teacher exchange website LIFTPackages.blogspot.com. It is a teacher exchange program in which you meet teachers and send care packages to each other. Please feel free to check out the website, sign up and pass our name along to friends!

    Thanks
    -Kim

    ReplyDelete