December 30, 2013

Thirteen in '13 Linky Party!

I love a good Linky! I'm linking up with A Teeny Tiny Teacher and her pals for the Thirteen in 13 Linky!!!


I'm going to do a mix of their things and what Hadar did with 13 highlights of 2013. 

 I LOVE black skinny jeans. I wear them all the time because I can tuck them into boots or wear them with flats or heels :) I recently...as in 4 days ago....just found the perfect pair at Tilly's. They're heavier than leggings, but thinner than jeans-but I don't think they're jeggings ;)

I watched Pitch Perfect several times so I'll go with that :) So funny and yet the mash-up songs are really good. I might even buy the soundtrack. Catching Fire was a close second :)

 I have really gotten into White Collar on USA network. I'm also extremely into Sons of Anarchy, but that had it's season finale already and While Collar is still going on :)


My favorite restaurant is 2 Good 2 B. It's a gluten free bakery/restaurant that also has dairy free items. They have a few locations here in San Diego, and their North County location is only about 25 minutes away!!!!


The favorite new thing I tried was my Renaissance Faire!!! It was hard work but so much fun and the kids had a blast! I was so worried about it 'cus they're high schoolers and tried to act "cool" like they didn't want to do it, but they liked it!


Hmmmm....For my birthday in April my mom and sister took my to a spa in Santa Barbara for the weekend. Got a lovely massage and went to a great sushi restaurant that was VERY gluten-free accommodating :)


I decided to have my first annual Christmas Craft party this year [around Thanksgiving break time] and pinned some great crafts that my friends and I made! It was awesome :)


Hmmmm. That's a tough one. I always really like Farley's Currently. I look forward to those every month!!!

 Education wise, my Best accomplishment was starting my English Support class. I worked so hard on setting it up and making sure the kids were prepared for the high school exit exam. The proof was in the pudding, so to speak, when all but 2 of my kiddos passed the English portion. 

Personally, my BEST accomplishment was diagnosing, dealing with, and trying to overcome my recent "diagnosis" of being Gluten and Dairy free. It's been a tough, challenging, depressing, emotional journey. Most people have no idea how it runs your every day life. But I'm getting there and trying not to let it bring me down!!

Well....sorry to disappoint, but my favorite pictures are of me and my now 1 yr. old nephew and I don't know that my sis would want his cute little face up here on my blog. So just imagine the cutest little thing you've ever seen, double it, and then you've got my little nephew :)

My favorite memory is just hanging out with my little nephew. Since I don't have kids of my own yet, it's so great to get to hang out with him when I can. I drove up to Sacramento [where they live] over the summer and spent 4-5 days with them and it was so great!!

I have a few goals for 2014:

1) I'm going to make a new gluten free/dairy free item each month. Nothing crazy, just one a month. I figure that is easy to follow up with. That will expand my food options too :)

2) Job wise, I'm going to make sure that I remain CALM and recognize that each student needs something from me. I will try my best to be available to each student. That's a lot in high school, but the goal is to try :)

I think my word for 2013 was Faith. I had to believe that I would find out what was wrong with me. I had to have faith that it would be ok. I had to have faith that I would get through it and still be able to teach [I had to use ALL my sick days last school year]. I still have faith that God has a plan for me and my personal life...



And that's my 13 in '13!!



 


 
 

 
 
 

9 comments:

  1. I love skinny jeans too!! I always feel like I have to wear long shirts with them, though. I get self conscious about how big they make my behind look! haha. :)

    Mandy
    Caffeine and Lesson Plans

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh girl...I ALWAYS wear long shirts with them :) Thanks for stopping by!

      Stephanie

      Delete
  2. I said my black skinny jeans too! And I don't know HOW I forgot about Pitch Perfect! I guess I was only thinking about movies I saw at the theater (which would be ONE), but I watched that COUNTLESS times on TV. Seriously! The bf would come home from work and say, "Really? This AGAIN?!" I can't help that I love to sing along!! :) Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right?! At first I just thought about theater movies too...but then realized the best movie is still Pitch Perfect! I always sing along! :) Thanks for stopping by :)

      Stephanie

      Delete
  3. I love the title of your blog. If you do wear high heels everyday, YOU GO GIRL! Can't wait to start reading your blog. I found you on Currently January. Have a great new year!
    Courtney
    ramonarecommends.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have worn heels for years! This past year though with being sick all the time, I caved and started wearing flats :/ But I'm gonna get back into it! Thanks for stopping by!! Have a great 2014!

      Stephanie

      Delete
  4. I am a Secondary English teacher too in California- Pasadena actually and we have a daughter that is now Gluten and Egg free and we are just at the beginning of our journey for that but have a son with ADHD that is Red Dye #40 free, I am nut free, and my husband is lactose free....yeah tough doesn't begin to describe eating in my house! Love your blog!

    My blog about ADHD, High School English, and everything in between!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My soul sister! High school English Teacher and food issues! Check out this book! I just got The Healthy Gluten-Free Life: 200 Delicious Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, & Egg-Free Recipes by Tammy Credicott. Thanks for stopping by my blog! I'm heading on over to yours right now :)

      Stephanie

      Delete
    2. Annnndddddd ordered! Thanks so much! I have been trying to muddle through with this and that will make it so much easier to see what I can make her!

      Delete