December 26, 2013

It's been too long...

I can't believe Christmas has come and gone. Seems like just yesterday I was counting down the days until school was out, then til my nephew came to town, and then Christmas. And now it's all come and gone.

Christmas was bitter sweet this year, as my grandmother passes away on the 24th. But I think having my one year old nephew here really helped my mom. It was wonderful to have Christmas with a little one around and see him enjoy all the fun things :)

Christmas was nice...got up early and headed over to my parents to watch the little man open his first stocking...he was not too impressed. I guess it's hard to impress a 12 month old. Then he took a nap and we opened presents around 10am. That kid got spoiled!! But that's ok because a lot of the gifts were books...yes, a book from the English Teacher auntie...I know :)

I got a really great knife block set, so now I have no excuse not to cook great meals :) I also got a really cool mason jar set and mason jar drink dispenser...yay!!

So other than that, I've been grading essays...
I shouldn't complain...I'm grading in 72* weather on my patio :) Using my new mason jar! 
[Those are strawberries and blueberries mashed in water there :)]

Hope you all had a wonderful holiday and are enjoying and hopefully relaxing. Look for a new, timely, 2014 product for the classroom coming soon!

1 comment:

  1. Grandmothers are the best- we celebrated our first Christmas without my grandmother this year. How fun to have your nephew running around during the holidays!

    This post reminds me that I should be grading writing assignments... :-) Thanks!

    Real Teachers Learn

    ReplyDelete