September 2, 2013

September Currently...really? It's September?? Ahh!!!

I can not believe it's already September...where did the summer go? It's crazy!! Anyway, I am so excited to be linking up with Oh Boy Fourth Grade for this awesome currently. I always love what Farley comes up with! This September design is really cute :)
Listening: Currently listening to nothing which is really nice. Sometimes the mind just needs quiet.
Loving: I really needed this day off. The first week back with high schoolers is crazy and exhausting; I even took naps after school. And yesterday I ran around all day with my mom, so today is hopefully a relaxing day!
Thinking: I personally think I have some really good quality stuff on TPT. The problem is that there aren't as many high school teachers out there looking for stuff. I don't have all the cutesy things that you can have in elementary. I've tried Pinterest and my personal Facbook page...any other ideas??
Wanting: If I had all the money in the world, my classroom would look so awesome!!! I also wouldn't be constantly worrying about getting out of debt and so on. [Another reason why I decided to start selling items on TPT]
Needing: I just can not bring myself to grade this last class' work! I did all the others' bright and early Saturday morning, and I think I used up all my motivation ;)
LOVE FOR MYSELF: I need to stop dwelling on the things I have no control over, and start giving those things up to God. I have to focus on things that I can control, and that will make my life easier!!!

Have a wonderful week and enjoy September!!!

12 comments:

  1. I can totally feel you on the debt thinking and it is something that has been weighing on my mind for awhile as well.

    Can I suggest looking into Dave Ramsey's plan? I was able to get out of debt before with it and am trying to convince my husband to get on with me so we can do it together.

    Jennifer Smith-Sloane
    4mulaFun

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jennifer! It's so hard to get out of debt on a teacher's salary when I have such a fixed income with varying expenses :/ But I'll totally look into it!! Thanks for helping :)

      Stephanie

      Delete
  2. I'm using the little amount I make from TPT to pay off my car and student loans- any little bit helps! I'm a big Dave Ramsey fan.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Student loans...ugh! I'm proud of you though!!! I'll get there! :)

      Stephanie

      Delete
  3. I love your blog theme! The highest grade I taught was 9th grade...now Im down to kindergarten (I was bumped from 5th to Kinder - and it's great so far). I use to teach in heels too, but the lower in grade I went, the lower the heels (down to nothing but ballet flats). Getting out of debt is a tricky one. Im a new follower. Good luck!

    The Teacher Tattles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, I loved 9th! Thanks for following! I really appreciate it :) Enjoy saving your feet in flats ;)

      Stephanie

      Delete
  4. You know what's funny? I can relate to EVERYTHING on your currently. In fact, I thought, "Wait, is this mine?" I enjoy listening to SILENCE, I'm still exhausted and tomorrow starts my third week back and last night I was thinking about how to promote my products better on TpT! I am new to the whole thing (well a few months new) and I am trying to get the hang of all of this. My favorite on your currently is how you said you need to stop dwelling on things that are out of your control. ME TOO! I stress myself out way to much. Let's try and do better, girl! In the meantime, I will be following you and checking in! Thanks for sharing!
    ~Natalie
    www.thepolkadottedchirp.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We're kindred spirits!!! lol I'm semi-new to selling too. I've had a TPT store for about a year, but only did free products. I have got to stop stressing....for sure! I'm heading over to your blog right now! Thanks for following and commenting :)

      Stephanie

      Delete
  5. I totally can relate to the nap taking. I was going to bed at 8:30 this past week!! And we were only going over the syllabus and talking about the summer reading.

    Eden

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I had a pretty easy week too, and yet there's something about having to be "on" all the time that just wears you out :/

      Stephanie

      Delete
  6. I REALLY like the idea on focusing on what you have accomplished instead of trying to "make" additional things happen! I get so caught up in what I want to do and haven't yet been able to get to that I forget to give myself credit for all of the awesome work I have done. And let's face it, all of us teachers do an amazing amount of awesome work every day!

    Hope you get rested up and ready to get back to some more awesomeness tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amen sister! I really do need to take pride in what I've done...so what if I don't have as many followers as someone, or the kids think that other teacher is "cool"....I know I'm helping them everyday!!! :) Thanks for the encouragement!!

      Stephanie

      Delete