July 3, 2013

Summer Reading-What are you Reading Linky Party

Hi ya'll! It's summer so that means I actually get to read books! I don't have to grade...I can read...for fun! Well one of the books is for the fall, but the other two are for fun.

Thanks to Jessica at Tales of a Teacherista for hosting this Linky Party! Go check out her blog.
The first book I read was Girls in White Dresses. I LOVED it! I'm 30 and single, and this book is my life...literally. All you single girls HAVE to read this...pithy and funny :)


The next book on my list is Where'd you go Bernadette?. I've only read a few chapters...not LOVING it yet, but it's interesting.


The last book I am going to read, and have to actually, is Cry, The Beloved Country. I'm very much looking forward to it, and excited to discover how I'm going to teach it. It goes with the 10th grade Common Core standards, and it was an example in the Common Core maps book.


So what books are you reading this summer? Maybe I'll find another to read :) Happy reading!!


6 comments:

  1. Good to know on Girls in White Dresses. I've looked at it a few times in various locations, but haven't read it yet. I'll have to add it to my ever growing list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sarh, I literally read it in one day! So good :)

      Stephanie

      Delete
  2. Thanks for linking up with me! I'm not single, but I think I might have to check out Girls in White Dresses.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You'll still love it :) I just ordered the book you were talking about too...Love and other Subjects :) They didn't have it in store...but it'll be here next week!

      Stephanie

      Delete
  3. I'm interested in Cry, The Beloved Country for my 10th graders as well. We've already set our novels for the year, but maybe I could use an excerpt out of this for one of our units. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Krista, What are you using as books to satisfy Common Core? Are you going with the whole theme of "World Literature" as per Common Core?

      Stephanie

      Delete