July 20, 2013

Readbox...that's right...knock off of Redbox with FREEBIE

I feel like I'm on such a roll lately with my blog posts! I guess that's what happens when you have time on your hands over the summer :)

So like any good teacher I was on Pinterest the other day, and came across a post from a library that made a Readbox that looked like the Redbox where you rent movies from. I thought it was AWESOME!!! I decided to make this for my classroom, but use the books that we're going to be reading this year.

I also decided to make a QR code to incorporate technology. The student just uses their smartphone and holds it over the code, and it will take him/her to the SparkNotes summary of that book!!!! You can link it to anything, but SparkNotes was easy because they know it anyway. If you would like to make QR codes for stuff in your classroom, here's the free site I used: qrcode.kaywa.com

So here are a few pics of my finished product!

And a semi-close up shot here via Instagram :)



Here is the "Check out what we're reading this year" link for the FREE sign


And here is the 'Rentals are Free' link for the FREE sign

Hope you all enjoy!!!!!!!!

8 comments:

  1. Awesome! I love this idea. Think I'm going to try it with my Senior Literature students :)

    Jessica
    English With Mrs. L.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yeah, I figured the QR Code made it good for high schoolers :) Thanks for commenting!

      Stephanie

      Delete
  2. I love QR Codes - You can make a Google form that is a quiz for the book, then put it at the end for students to take for extra credit as a QR code. You can also do that at the end of each chapter. Google Forms and QR codes can be life changing in a classroom! I love your blog - even though I teach Elementary.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh cool! Thanks for the info, and thanks for following!

      Stephanie

      Delete
  3. This is awesome! Yes you are definitely on a roll!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are on a roll with craftiness! I love how your Read Box turned out... I'm struggling to get the right size for mine! Thanks for the freebie signs! I'm staring my Read Box off with books I recommend and figure I'll switch out genres or topics as the year goes on!

    Glad I stumbled across your blog,
    Amanda
    My Shoe String Life
    Follow me on Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Woo hoo! Thanks lady! I like the idea of books you recommend...if I had a bigger room, I'd do that too :) I'm gonna go check out your blog!!

      Stephanie

      Delete