July 15, 2013

For My Male Teacher Friends Out There: FREE Lesson Planner

So my mom and I were talking on Saturday as I was showing her my TPT Store and others' stores...she looked at me and said, "Everything is so girlie". I thought for a second, and realized she was right. Here I am trying to make "cute" things to share with people, and realized that male teachers don't want "cute" things to hand out. They just want 'things' to hand out that will be effective and helpful, they don't necessarily care about the cute factor [I know I'm generalizing, but in my experience, it's true :)].

So my first step in remedying this situation is to make a more masculine cover for my lesson planner. It's not much, but it's a step :) So here is a pic of the new masculine lesson planner [or for anyone really that doesn't want a girlie planner].
Click here to access my TPT Store and download this planner for FREE!

Feel free to re-post or share with any guy teachers you know! It's free because I just want to get it out there and give people something useful :)

Thanks!

5 comments:

  1. Great idea! Going to download for my Husband Mr. Social Studies/Coach. I know my husband gravitates toward things with sports related themes or quotes, and naturally flags and maps. Otherwise, he wants to keep things plain and simple. This is right up his alley :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! Glad you like it and think men might :) Thanks for checking it out!

      Stephanie

      Delete
  2. Speaking of Mr. Social Studies/Coach.... He told me the other night that because of the Common Core coming to our state, He wanted his kids to read some biographies and do some presentations on them as he went through some world history units. He asked if I had anything for rubrics or student guides. I do, but I teach only 7-9 and he teaches 9-12. (I have to admit that I am proud of him for trying to bring some ELA into his social studies classes!) One of the points he brought up was the grading. I thought it was definitely something that could be addressed by English teachers who like to blog. Anyway my question for you is do you have any rubrics, activities, or suggestions for Mr. Social Studies/Coach?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I so have rubrics! What's your email and I'll send you some :)

      Stephanie

      Delete
  3. Awesome! My email is ibteachnu@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete