June 26, 2013

Housewarming Party...personal post

I've never really done a personal post, but I am so excited about how my Housewarming Party turned out, I had to share! Plus some people said they wanted personal stuff a while back :)

I had so much fun making all the food and decorations...I loved it! I made the banners myself on my computer and just cut them out and taped them onto the twine...super easy. I also made the "cupcake" toppers [2" rounds] myself and then my friend Liz helped me glue them onto the skewers.

I got the little mini chalkboards at Michaels for $1.50 each, however, they only had one black one left. The other ones were different colored chalk...so weird. So I bought Martha Stewart black chalkboard paint and painted the oddly colored ones black :)

So the cupcakes and brownie pizza were gluten-free; I had to be able to taste-test them in case they were awful ;) I made Margarita cupcakes and Pina Colada cupcakes-both of which I was told were amazing [I personally loved the Pina Colada ones best]. The brownie pizza was a gluten free brownie mix baked in round cake pans, then mix cream cheese with 1/2 c sugar and some vanilla to make the "sauce", then just add berries!

For food I did:
-Caprese Skewers with homemade toppers that said "Home sweet Home" [which was my theme]
-Spinach & Artichoke Dip
-Fruit Cups with little mini forks
-Shrimp Cocktail in little martini glasses
-Veggies

For drinks I did:
-Water
-Izzes
-Margaritas
-Wine
-Beer

Here are some pictures...ENJOY!!!

Hope you're having a great summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment