May 29, 2013

Class Schedule Changes for Next Year...

So we got our schedules for next year, and my English Support class got cancelled for Fall Semester :( It's still on for Spring, but I was hoping to have it both semesters. Oh well. I'll still be able to prep the Spring kids for the CAHSEE.

By the Way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! All but one of my Eng. Support kids I have right now passed the CAHSEE!!!!!!!!!! Much props to Erika for lending me CAHSEE stuff and ideas! I'm so excited and the kids were so proud! They got their scores in their cohort class [like homeroom] and I had kids running in from other classes to tell me they passed! What an awesome experience for them to feel accomplished and proud :)

So hopefully I can continue to improve my lessons and help the kids next Spring too. It gives me confidence though knowing that what we did worked! Yay! Love that feeling...

I'm also changing out a book for next year to flow more with Common Core. Instead of teaching Black Boy, I'll be teaching Cry, The Beloved Country. So if anyone has any lesson plan ideas for that, please let me know! I've got a speech by Nelson Mandela that we'll be reading as expository text, and I've made a webquest of South Africa politics as a background research project, but that's it so far :/ So let me know!

Hope you're having a good week!

Oh, saw this pic on Facebook the other night and it totally fits these last two weeks of school!

Have a great last few weeks!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment