March 14, 2013

Pi Day!!!!

For my math teacher friends-Happy Pi Day!!!!!! March 14=3.14



I am awful at math, but I do know that today is an awesome day! And as my students just informed me, in the year 2015, it will be March 14, 2015=3.14.15  :) I still learn something new everyday!

So for today, since I am an English teacher, our journal was a homophone....I asked them to write about their favorite kind of pie in honor of Pi Day :) I've never heard of so many different kinds of pie! Pumpkin, Banana Cream, Boston Cream, Key Lime, Blueberry, Apple...one kid even said Chicken Pot Pie :)

Our wonderful parents also brought in several different kinds of pie for the teachers to enjoy...if I wasn't gluten free I would have enjoyed them all ;)

What did you all do to celebrate Pi Day??

No comments:

Post a Comment