November 19, 2012

Thanksgiving Send Off!!

I love making crafts....some might say I'm a "crafty" person....but I teach high school. So I don't get to do the fun crafts like "trace your hand and make it a turkey" card. Fortunately, I LOVE to bake...and what high schooler won't take free food?!

So to celebrate going on Thanksgiving Break, and because they actually sort of had a rough jigsaw assignment, I told all my classes, yup, ALL, that I would make them Pumpkin Pancakes and Pumpkin Bread/Muffins for class on Friday.

So Thursday night I drove around like a chicken with it's head cut off [simile and idiom, go English teacher] looking for all these supplies, driving to my parents' house to steal the griddle, and making a million loaves of pumpkin bread [hyperbole-it was really a million, more like a hundred, but it felt like a million].

The result? I am now the "best teacher ever" according to my students :) Anyway, I think we all had fun with it, and they still worked the entire class period, which really surprised me!

[Me getting ready to bake over 120 pancakes...]

[...and the pumpkin muffins & pumpkin bread slices I baked the night before. And to the left of the pic is the giant thing of syrup I bought :)]

Overall a great last day of school before break. 

Enjoy your Thanksgiving Break! We deserve it!!! :)

4 comments:

  1. I nominated your blog for a Liebster award! Check it out here Covered in Glitter and Glue 

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blog is FABulous! I just found you from the Liebster nom!

    Proud new follower,
    Irene

    Learning With Mrs. Leeby

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for following! You ladies have helped me reach 40 followers!!

      Stephanie

      Delete
  3. Its head cut off, not it's head cut off. :-)

    ReplyDelete