November 24, 2012

Liebster Award!

I've been nominated for a Liebster Award...Awesome! The Liebster Award is given by bloggers to up-and-coming bloggers with less than 200 followers to let them know they're appreciated. Well I certainly feel appreciated!! :) Thank you to Covered in Glitter and Glue for nominating me!!


The Liebster Rules:
- You must post 11 random things about yourself.
- Answer the questions that the nominator set for you.
- Create 11 questions for the people you nominate.
- Choose 11 blogs you love (with less than 200 followers) and link them in your post.
- No tag back (but please leave me a comment on this post with the URL to your Liebster post so I can learn more about you!)

 11 Random Things about Myself:
1. I am legally blind without my contacts or glasses [literally- 750/20]
2. I am dating a military jet pilot but am scared to fly [IRONY]
3. I have always wanted to teach, but waited a few years after college to start so I'd be a little older when it came to teaching high school
4. I've taught every grade I'm licensed for [7-12]
5. I have a brother and a sister, both younger
6. One of my best friend's has a 3yo, and 8month old twins...I love being an "auntie" to them!!!!
7. I'm going to be a REAL auntie when my sister has her baby next month
8. I make the best Pumpkin bread ever...seriously
9. I love decorating for ALL holidays
10. I love Coach anything!!!
11. I really do teach in high heels....I think I have over 60 pairs of shoes :)

11 Questions to answer from Covered in Glitter and Glue:
1.  What is your favorite subject to teach?
English!! Only thing I'm credentialed in, but I would love to do ASL as well.
2.  Favorite holiday tradition?
My family always bakes banana bread for our neighbors at Christmas.
3.  Favorite book to read to your class?
Well, since I teach high school, I don't really read "to my class", but TKAM is great, as is Night.
4.  Favorite guilty pleasure reality show?
New One: Married to the Army: Alaska [on Oprah's new network]
5.  Favorite movie?
Top Gun
6.  What is your best childhood memory?
So many good ones to choose from, not sure I can pick the "best"
7.  What is your least favorite household chore?
Cleaning the shower and toilets :(
8.  What are you afraid of?
Flying and being kidnapped [odd, I know]
9.  Salty or sweet?
Salty!!
10.  Where is your ideal vacation spot?
I am dying to go to Hawaii
11.  What sparked your interest in blogging?
I couldn't find a lot of high school blogs, and wanted to start a place where we could all share ideas and lessons and build support for each other!

11 Questions for my Nominees:
1. How long have you been teaching?
2. Do you have siblings?
3. How many times have you moved?
4. Have you taught all the grades your credentialed for?
5. What is your favorite dessert?
6. Why did you start your blog specifically?
7. Do you like blogs that talk about random things, or just blogs that give away free printables and school "stuff"?
8. What is your professional goal for the next 5 years?
9. What size shoe do you wear? :)
10. If you could have one superpower, what would it be?
11. What is your favorite thing about teaching? 

11 Awesome Blogs to Nominate:


Thanks again so much! Have a wonderful time blogging everyone!!

2 comments:

  1. Answers to your questions can be found on my blog. Thanks again! This was really fun and I have found some new blogs in the process.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! Thanks for playing along!!

      Stephanie

      Delete