October 16, 2012

Expanding Sentences FREEBIE

Another FREEBIE!! So excited to have another freebie to offer :)

In the spring I am piloting my English Support class, and one of the items we will be working on is expanding our writing skills. So this is a cute little worksheet that will help the kids learn how to create a longer sentence using details such as verbs, adjectives, and overall imagery. After this activity, I'll have them do an Object write...just like I do with college prep....but now they'll be better equipped with some tools and experience.

Click here for the FREEBIE at my TPT store!


What other techniques do you think would work well with my English Support class for teaching writing?

Happy Writing,
Ms. W

2 comments:

  1. Great idea - It reminds me of the Step Up to Writing expanding sentences activity. How is the English Support class going?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't heard of that program, but sounds helpful! :) I haven't started the class yet; we're accelerated semesters here, so it will start in February for second semester. I'll keep you updated. Thanks for commenting!

      Stephanie

      Delete