August 16, 2012

Giving Tree

Supplies for FREE? Ok! Some schools provide some of the supplies necessary to teach, but with the budget cuts lately, we can't get everything we need. So I've come up with a fun way to get supplies without breaking my personal budget! On our "Gear Up" days, (when the kids come to take their school pictures, get their books, etc,) they come to our classroom to get the books & sign forms!

So on my door I've posted sticky notes with supplies I'd love to have donated :) The parents at our school are required to perform 10 hours of community service each year-which they can also receive via financial donations [every $10 is one hour]. So this is an easy and helpful way to get some of their community service hours...and it benefits the kids!

Last year I did apples and did the "Giving Tree" theme. This year I found some cute owls to use! The big owl says "Owl be happy to receive..." [haha, get it?]. I have found that this works really well! I've never run out of Expo markers!! I've even gotten a Starbucks gift card for myself :)

I'm sure you'll come up with your own great designs!!! Comment and tell me what theme you choose!!

Welcome Back to School!
Ms. W

No comments:

Post a Comment