July 11, 2012

Summer Reflections

So the school year has come to a successful close and now it's time for teachers to do nothing over the summer, right?! Wrong! The common misconception of teachers is that we do nothing all summer but sit around and eat bon bons. Couldn't be further from the truth. This summer has been so busy already, and I feel so productive. I made a Summer To Do list [as seen below] because I am the type of person that likes to check things off lists. It also helps organize my thoughts and helps me stay on top of what needs to get done.
The summer reflecting started off well when I attended my second Quantum Learning Network for Teachers 5-day seminar. It was a great time to look over the past year and see how I implemented, or didn't, the techniques I learned last year. I think self-reflecting is one of the most important parts of being a teacher. If I can't see that I make mistakes or need to do something better to reach more students, then the students lose. We all want to think we're perfect teachers, and maybe there are perfect teachers out there...but I'd rather be imperfect and keep learning. I love coming back to school with new ideas and a renewed excitement for teaching!

I'm going to work very hard at being more diligent about writing on here and sharing ideas :)

Hope all you teachers are enjoying your summer of reflection!!

Ms. W

No comments:

Post a Comment