December 8, 2011

Tales of Teaching in Heels-What's it all about?

Hello everyone! Thanks for stopping by my blog! I came up with the idea for this blog after spending hours on Pinterest and other teachers' blogs...and finding that there wasn't a whole lot out there for high school teachers. I love getting new ideas, organizing, decorating, and trying to make English class fun! All of the ideas I was seeing were so cute and original, but none of them applied to my high schoolers and me; hence, here comes my blog.

I came up with the title of "Tales of Teaching in Heels" because it's exactly who I am. I'm known as the most fashionable teacher at my school [really, it was in the yearbook] mostly because of my shoes. I find that it's actually a great way to connect with students, yes, even guys, to be a 'fashionable' and 'in-touch' teacher. It immediately takes away the stigma of a boring and mean teacher, and opens up the line of communication more. I also didn't want to become a stuffy high school teacher and so I made it my mission to dress cute [but appropriate] everyday. It became apparent that the easiest way to do that was to wear cute and fun heels everyday!

So this blog will have several different elements to it: Organization, Lesson Plans, Classroom Environment, Motivation, etc. I'm excited to share all my ideas of what has worked, and even what didn't work-maybe it will pre-warn someone out there :) My goal is that this can become a place where high school teachers can gather ideas, share ideas, and build a sense of community too. Looking forward to sharing!!

No comments:

Post a Comment